What’s on this page?
How do you agree to this policy?
By signing up to the Site as a member and by using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy. By registering as a user of and accessing our Site, you agree:
- to and authorise us giving your personal information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your personal information (Overseas Recipient);
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient*; and
- that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
Meanings of terms used
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refer to Shopcred Pty Ltd (ACN: 621 183 248). We own the Site.
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ refers to the person who is using the Site and/or registered to access the Site.
- ‘Site’ means our website http://shopcred.com.au
- ‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
- ‘Retail Affiliates’ means the companies and other business with whom we have an arrangement to pay a commission if we refer a sale to them.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about members of the Site, the most common types of information we collect are things like your:
- avatar/profile picture
- phone number
- email address
- mailing address
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our Site.
When do we collect personal information?
- We collect personal information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the Site or contact us.
- We also collect personal information from other third party service providers to us.
- If you choose not to provide personal information at the time you are seeking to register as a user, you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the Site.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- verify your identity when you sign in
- facilitate and process transactions that take place on our Site
- respond to support requests
- help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- update you with operational news and information about our Site including website disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us
- provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you from our Retail Affiliates;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site;
- monitor activity on the Site, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the subscriber terms and conditions that apply to the Site;
- manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to third parties in accordance with this policy and also where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site available to you, when we are required to do so by law or when you give us permission to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
Our Site may be maintained in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on our site. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you’re rights under this Policy relate to Personal Information that we hold on your behalf and do not relate to other information, eg, transaction histories that we maintain in respect of your dealings with us.
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of privacy. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether changes have been made. If you continue to use our Site after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How can you contact us?
You may contact us by:
- email to: email@example.com
- writing to us at: Level 1, 722 Bourke Street, Redfern, NSW, 2016, Australia
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au